Waking Night Support Worker
Are you looking for a job where you can really make a difference? Would you like to develop your own career and positively impact the lives of others? Lacking reward in your current role?
The people we support live in homely, family-like residences, and are encouraged to participate fully in the local community.
CMG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the people we support and expect all staff to share this commitment.
You will be a key member of our team, providing high standards of person-centred care and support which will involve developing independency, life skills, as well as supporting personal care. You will need to remain awake whilst on shift and will need to maintain a high standard of housekeeping. Waking night staff are required to undertake a variety of domestic work, cleaning, ironing, stock control of food and freezers, temperature checks and updating paperwork.
You will receive high quality induction and ongoing training for this position, so no qualifications or experience is necessary. Our services operate 24/7, so you will be required to:
Work shifts on a rota basis, hours are typically between 19:45 – 08:00 you will be notified a minimum of two weeks in advance.
You will be required to work a proportion of weekends.
We have fantastic development and progression opportunities and actively encourage the development of our staff teams.
What we look for in our support workers
- Good communication and the ability to relate well to other people.
- Ability to support and motivate others. Emotional resilience, flexible and calm.
- Willingness to learn.
- Team player.
- Above all you need to be kind, caring and ready to work as a team to ensure that our services are comfortable, happy, fulfilling and safe places to live.
About the Company
What we offer in return for your hard work
- Starting pay rate of £9.23.
- The option to increase your earnings with overtime.
- Fully paid induction, training and DBS check.
- A pension scheme.
- A generous staff discount and benefits e.g. Cinema, days out, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, PC World, clothes, holidays and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
- Annual Care Awards – recognising employees’ contribution.
- Paid annual leave.
Care Management Group