Waking Night Support Worker
Fancy a job where you can be a superhero without putting on a cape?
Ever thought of becoming a Waking Night Support Worker?
Location: Torquay, Devon, TQ2
Hours: 36 per week
Achieve together are currently looking for a Waking Night Support Worker to join the care team based in Torquay, Devon on a permanent basis.
Harbour is a residential service for adults aged 18+ with autism spectrum conditions, behaviours that may challenge, Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD) and/or significant communication difficulties. Harbour offers a personalised approach that aims to increase individuals’ independence and helps to facilitate a smooth transition from residential schools, colleges or homes.
- Enhancing and enriching quality of life for the people we support by enabling them to keep moving towards agreed goals and life skills. This will involve supporting those individuals to plan and engage in activities in line with their individualised activity planner, which could include holidays, social events, religious and sporting activities, education and employment.
- Maintain the general health, wellbeing and emotional needs of the people we support. This includes but is not limited to, ensuring a high standard of personal care which could include intimate care, attending health appointments, administering medication in line with policies and responding appropriately to any medical or health concerns.
- To remain awake whilst on duty.
About the Company
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary.
- The option to increase your earnings with overtime.
- Fully paid training and DBS check.
- A pension scheme.
- Online discount scheme.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
About Achieve together
We are a leading provider of care and support for people with learning disabilities and associated complex needs, including autistic spectrum conditions, dementia, hearing impairment, mental health needs, challenging behaviour, profound and multiple learning disabilities and epilepsy.
The people we support live in homely, family-like residences, and are encouraged to participate fully in the local community.
Achieve together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the people we support and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
So, if you fancy a new challenge, what are you waiting for? Apply now!