Waking Night Support Worker
Position: Waking Night Support Worker
Benefits: DBS and training paid for, flexible working hours, Wider Wallet (Highstreet shopping online) discount scheme, comprehensive induction and training, realistic progression (we are an award-winning organisation who are committed to developing people from within)
Role Overview – Waking Night Support Worker
You will provide care and support personalised to the people we support in line with their Care Plan. You will work within the team to provide individual high-quality person-centred care to individuals we support, supporting each to reach their optimum potential (hopes and dreams). You will work night shifts and handover to the team coming in on shift in the morning. Experience with peg feeding and buccal administration is preferred but not essential as all training is provided.
Principal Tasks - Waking Night Support Worker
- Engages with and follows their Care Plans
- Updates their Care Plans and risk assessments
- Offers and presents options to support and empower choice and independence
- Responsible for the capture of outcome information and data, on company documentation and processes
- Responsible for your own, People we support and site visitor health and safety (H&S)
- Works within company policies and procedures and relevant regulation at all times
- Ensure the safety of the people we support at night.
- Support with medical emergencies at night
- Carry out nightly Health & Safety checks
- Work throughout the night and provide the morning staff with a handover