Are you looking for a job where you can really make a difference? Would you like to develop your own career and positively impact the lives of others? Lacking reward in your current role?
About CMG south west
The people we support live in homely, family-like residences, and are encouraged to participate fully in the local community.
CMG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the people we support and expect all staff to share this commitment.
You will be a key member of our team, providing high standards of person-centred care and support to adults with autism and complex needs, which will involve supporting activities in their homes and the community, developing independence and life skills, as well as supporting personal care and general household duties such as cooking and cleaning.
You will receive high quality induction and ongoing training, so no qualifications or previous care experience is necessary. Our services operate 24/7, so you will be required to work shifts on a rota basis, hours vary varied from service to service but are typically between 07:00 - 22:30 you will be notified a minimum of two weeks in advance.
You will be required to work a proportion of weekends, sleeping in and on calls. Due to operational requirements we are unable to provide school hour shift patterns. We may also be unable to accommodate non drivers and/or non swimmers. However, this is dependent on operational requirements at the time of application and is reviewed on a regular basis.
We have fantastic development and progression opportunities and actively encourage the development of our staff teams.
Once you click "Apply", you will be directed to our website and asked to create an account. This will only take a few seconds and just requires you to give us your name and an email address, and will allow us to contact you regarding the vacancy. We won't share your details with any agencies or other companies.
What we look for in our support workers
- Good communication and the ability to relate well to other people.
- Ability to support and motivate others. Emotional resilience, flexible and calm.
- Willingness to learn.
- Team player.
- Above all you need to be kind, caring and ready to work as a team to ensure that our services are comfortable, happy, fulfilling and safe places to live.
About the Company
What we offer in return for your hard work
- Starting pay rate of £8.11.
- The option to increase your earnings with overtime.
- Bank holiday premiums of double time.
- Fully paid induction, training and DBS check.
- A pension scheme.
- A generous staff discount and benefits e.g. Cinema, days out, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, PC World, clothes, holidays and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
- Annual Care Awards – recognising employees’ contribution.
- Paid annual leave.
Care Management Group