Fancy a job where you can be a superhero without putting on a cape?
Ever thought of becoming a support worker?
You don’t need to have had experience in health and social care, but you do need to be passionate about what you and show compassion towards the people we support!
Location: Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 3HG
Hours: 37.5 per week with the opportunities for overtime.
Achieve together are currently looking for a Support Worker to join the care team based in Fareham, Hampshire on a permanent basis.
Old Street is a residential service for individuals with severe learning disabilities, complex health needs, Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), sight impairment, epilepsy and limited mobility. The service provides a person centred planning approach, and supports individuals with life and independency skills development.
- Supporting the individuals to plan and engage in activities in line with their individualised activity planner, which could include holidays, social events, religious and sporting activities, education and employment.
- Maintain the general health, wellbeing and emotional needs of the people we support.
- To encourage the individuals to access a range of opportunities and experiences.
- Supporting the individuals to keep in contact with family and friends, and to participate in social and community activities including annual holiday and professional networks.
About the Company
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary.
- The option to increase your earnings with overtime.
- Fully paid training and DBS check.
- A pension scheme.
- Online discount scheme.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
About Achieve together
We are a leading provider of care and support for people with learning disabilities and associated complex needs, including autistic spectrum conditions, dementia, hearing impairment, mental health needs, challenging behaviour, profound and multiple learning disabilities and epilepsy.
The people we support live in homely, family-like residences, and are encouraged to participate fully in the local community.
Achieve together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the people we support and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
So, if you fancy a new challenge, what are you waiting for? Apply now!