We are seeking a Maintenance Operative to join our team covering services in the Plymouth area.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure all maintenance, home improvement and gardening activities within all CMG and Regard properties and grounds are attended to promptly and to the highest standards. To act responsibly at all times bearing in mind the specialist needs of the residents living in our services and to respect their dignity and individuality.
Key responsibilities include:
- Attends to all decorative, maintenance and repair works as requested on both planned, preventative and emergency reactive bases. Ensures that all work is carried out professionally, in a timely fashion and to a high standard.
- Attends to any gardening tasks as requested, ensuring that all areas are attractively maintained to a high standard and free of obstacles and hazards throughout the seasons.
- Maintains all tools and equipment in a clean, safe condition and ensures services at intervals detailed in the manufacturers instructions. Stores tools and equipment safely when not in use.
- Maintains continued awareness of, and complies with, Company polices and procedures and relevant legislation including the Health & Safety Act and COSHH Regulations.
- Obtains best possible value at competitive prices without compromising quality during the purchase of building materials, fittings etc. Obtains receipts and makes records of all purchases.
- Disposes of all rubbish and waste appropriately, following manufactures instructions when disposing of waste chemicals etc. Ensures waste products are disposed of using recycling facilities wherever possible.
- Immediately reports any concerns which may affect the health, safety or well being of service users to the Home Manager or Lead on Duty.
- Maintains records of all works completed.
The ideal candidate would have skills including:
- painting & decorating
- general repairs
About the Company
CMG and The Regard Partnership have recently merged, and together are a leading provider of care and support to adults with learning disabilities and associated health needs, including autistic spectrum conditions, mental health needs, challenging behaviour, profound and multiple learning disabilities and epilepsy.
The people we support live in homely, family-like residences, and are encouraged to participate fully in the local community.
CMG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the people we support, adults and children, and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Why work for CMG?
In addition to your salary, our benefits package includes:
- a pension scheme
- paid annual leave
- reward/recognition schemes
- a generous staff discount and benefits scheme
- excellent opportunities for career progression
- the option to increase your earnings with overtime